How well do I have to know Scala to participate?
Scala developers of all abilities can contribute in some way. If you’ve written a couple hundred lines, you’re golden.
Do I need to register my project to participate?
No! You are free to work on whatever project you want at the event, or to recruit others to your project without registering it. Registering a project brings one obligation and one perk:
- Registered projects have a representative give a 20-minute talk on Saturday aimed at helping newcomers develop the project.
- Registered projects are listed on the Scalathon projects page.
How can I register my project?
To register a project send us an email with with your name, project name, and project URL. Humans still need to register using meetup.com.
Can I give a talk?
How can I volunteer to host an out of town guest?
Please email us with the following information:
- Your name
- How many guests you would like to accommodate
- Which nights you can accommodate (just Saturday night, or both Friday and Saturday?)
- How you would like prospective guests to contact you (phone number or email address)
Who’s responsible for this thing?
What’s with all the company logos?
We are very lucky: Many companies are sponsoring Scalathon with financial donations.
The company logos at the top of each page represent our Big Fish Sponsors, companies that have donated $1,500 or more to Scalathon.
The company logos at the bottom of each page represent our Little Fish Sponsors, companies that have donated at least $250 to Scalathon.
Thanks to all our sponsors!
Who made the logo?
So glad you asked! The logo was hand drawn by Felice Ford.